English to Greek Translation & Localization
for Software, Apps & Websites
Is it all Greek to you and your users? Us too, but literally 😉
Managing a localization department or team is no simple task. The satisfaction of your Greek customers depends to a significant extent on you. But, when you tried to find the right Greek translator, you realized it wasn’t as quick and easy as it should be.
You are spoilt for choice: tons of resources (who has time for those?!) with tips on how to buy translations, endless lists of Greek translators on online directories, and a plethora of freebies (machine translation, crowdsourcing, your Greek employees). Energy-sapping and time-consuming process? You betcha!
In February 2020, Nimdzi Insights asked 100 buyers of localization services what kept them awake at night. The top concern was quality (31.10%), followed by speed (16.8%). Sounds familiar?
Well, worry no more, because if you are looking for a ‘professional, responsive and reliable‘ (our clients’ words, not ours) Greek translation provider, you came to the right place.
Lingua Greca Translations was founded in 2012 by Catherine and Christos, who happily and successfully worked as freelance translators for many years before deciding to create a ‘one-stop shop’ for Greek technical translation services. It all started with a meet-cute between the two during an EasyJet flight from Athens to Luton in 2001 🙂
Our approach involves personalized service and flexible working hours that accommodate clients in Europe and America, with the support of a few select, highly-specialized Greek translators.
Our collaboration with leading IT companies worldwide (such as Google and Apple, shameless name-dropping) has given us solid experience in localizing websites and applications for companies seeking to reach a wider audience and increase customer satisfaction. Our reputation for excellence and devotion to our client’s needs speaks for itself. Customer care is one of our top priorities, so we are here to help even after the delivery of translation projects.
- [For linguistic testing of app software]I just heard from the customer who was reviewing your work for iOS and he mentioned how thorough your work was. He was most impressed by what you delivered.Thank you again for your support and excellent work!Smartling, US
- I have worked with Catherine on a few occasions. We worked closely on a project that spanned over 8 months, and contained well over 150,000 pages. She was an absolute professional, providing excellent translations, always delivering documents on time, and going above and beyond to provide us the best as well as quickest Greek translations. She was an absolute pleasure to work with--she was always willing to help. I would highly recommend Catherine to anyone in need of excellent quality translations.Christina Muñoz
- Catherine has worked with my company for many years as a freelance translator. Her work is consistently of an excellent standard, and she is always personable, friendly and efficient. I would wholeheartedly recommend Catherine's work as a translator.Paul McKeating
- I will not hesitate to work with you again. We don’t get a lot of Greek projects, but I have had trouble in the past lining up good, reliable people. You are fairly local (good time zone) and punctual with your reply. All good things to have in the translation world.Translation Agency in Las Vegas, US
- Catherine Christaki is a good supplier and we really appreciate her work. Accurate translations, very good communication, on time delivery. She is a very proactive translator that always asks good questions in order to deliver the best translation.Translation Agency, France
- Catherine is great to work with: professional, on-time and thorough. I will definitely call on her skills again.Babble-on, United States
- Catherine and I first met in 2011. We were both well-established translators but working in different languages. We kept in touch and in the last few years I have been delighted to be able to work with Catherine on volunteer projects for the American Translators Association. I could not hope to work with a more efficient and organized team member. Catherine has many great, actionable ideas and is someone I truly enjoy working with.Karen Tkaczyk
French into English technical translator
- Catherine is brilliant linguist from any prospective! She is the best Greek linguist I have ever worked with and also the number one as professional attitude and dedication to the job. If all the linguists were like her... 🙂Stefan Stoyanov
- Catherine is quite simply an inspiration! She is an excellent communicator who strives for and achieves high standards in her personal and professional life. I gladly pass on her details when asked about translators working in her language pairs. She is very active online but has not let this impact her professional standards - a truly admirable quality!Sarai Pahla (MD) MBChB
Medical Doctor, Translator (Japanese, German to English)
Why our clients love us
In 2014, Latitudes Consulting conducted a brand study among 43 of our key clients. The confidential responses showed our clients’ brand perception of Lingua Greca:
- Key brand attributes: Responsive, Timely, Very professional, Reliable, Quality work, Knowledge, Friendliness
- Brand differentiators: Competitive pricing, Fast response, Dependable, Friendly, Professional, Punctual, Helpful, Efficient, Accurate, Quick turn-around, Detail-oriented, Organized, Communicative
- If Lingua Greca were an animal: 31% replied that we would be a dog because: “they are always there for you no matter what; they are faithful and loyal as a dog; they are reliable and loyal.”
- Core competencies perception: Fast response, Problem resolution, Quality care, Cutting-edge technologies & Best Value
Why you will love us too
Experience: 19 years and counting & awesome clients (Apple, Smartling, and Konica Minolta among them)
Transparency: you know your translator’s and editor’s names; direct communication for questions, clarifications, source text errors or improvements
Reliable and responsive: with clients in both Europe and North America, you get fast replies and on-time delivery, no matter your time zone
Peace of mind: you get quality translations hands-down, four-eyes principle
What about other language pairs or specialties? English-Greek only. For a full list of the services and fields we are experienced in, check our Services page. If your field isn’t on the list, we’ll advise you where to look
So are you an agency? No, if we can’t add value to your Greek translation project, we will recommend colleagues or online directories where you can find the right translation provider
Hm, then you must be expensive. Surprisingly, our rates are affordable.
Brand Study Responses
They are very responsive, reliable and always deliver on time and with a final top quality.
Lingua Greca does not seem to suffer from the “9 to 5” mentality which one sometimes finds in other translation companies. They are enormously flexible and always try to meet our requests, no matter how inconvenient.
Lingua Greca is a small team, which I like, because they can offer multiple services that otherwise would need to be organized with multiple translators/linguists. They’re also very quick, and always follow the project instructions.
They always offer top quality services, both in terms of quality and punctuality, and they are always keen to help.
Lingua Greca, to me, is a fabulous translation and proofreading company, which I’ve worked with for quite a few years now with the utmost pleasure. Accuracy, timeliness, experience are keywords I associate with them, combined with huge knowledge and genuine friendliness.