What is theloop?
theloop is a unique social network for buying and selling content and services online. theloop’s innovative platform allows individuals and businesses to generate income from their original content, talent and skills. Monetizing on theloop can be done either by setting a price of the content/service consumption, or cashing in on advertisements shown on posts (more on this, later this year).
How does it work? Users create activity feeds which integrate different kinds of content, all controlled by the creator in public or niche spaces called ‘loops.’ This gives the ability to:
- Distribute and brand content and services via broadcasts, video chats and loops.
- Control the prices and rates and earn 80% of all revenues (including in-house advertisements).
- Mobilize followers and colleagues into your crew, even monitor their work-in-progress, as you earn a percentage of the income they generate.
Special Benefits for Translators
As a freelancer or independent business, you know that networking is crucial. You need to tell as many people as possible what you do and interact with businesses that might need your services.
One way to interact with present and former clients is through your existing social media channels. That’s why theloop plays nice with popular networks such as Facebook and Twitter, allowing you to leverage your existing lists of followers and friends. You’ve also got attractive pre-designed promotional posts, Editorial Spotlights, public feeds and a diverse social environment to help you expand your viral reach.
In a nutshell, theloop lets you use your profile as a combination advertisement/store front. From your profile, you can charge a fee, in Credits, for translation services. You can provide 1-on-1 real-time services, or facilitate discussions/support/study chat groups of up to 8 people through the video chat feature. Using your language skills, you could also offer different related services through your profile. You could, for example, offer webinars or tutorials in language studies, or beginner classes on how to work as a translator.
Use theloop as a central hub for your business-related social media activities!
- Provide service to your existing customers.
- Expand your fan base or clientele.
- Brand your business and grow its online presence.
- Earn a percentage of the credits spent by members you’ve attracted.
- Create and monetize your original content like language tutorials, how-to guides, etc.
- Enjoy prompt and secure payments via your Paypal/Payoneer account.
- And soon, get a cut of revenues driven from ad placements on your posts.
We Want To Know What You Think
theloop is still in a formative stage. We know that this new platform will be a perfect place for businesses and freelancers to market themselves. But we’d love to know what you think. We’re hoping you’ll try it out, and give us some feedback.
Naor Urian joined theloop three years ago and has lead product development since the start. Before joining theloop, he was a Senior Product VP at Coolvision Israel, managing the company’s top ventures. Naor has vast experience at web platform development, innovation and operational management. He holds a BS in Law Studies and an MBA from the Kellogg-Recanati school.