Writing on the internet can feel like an incredibly isolated experience despite the fact that billions of people do it every day. Most bloggers struggle to find an audience for their posts and, if they do, need to put nearly as much time into promotion and design as they do into writing. It’s frustrating, disappointing, and lonely.
Glipho was created to answer this problem.
Unlike traditional blogging sites, Glipho combines blogging with a social network approach – social blogging, with deeply integrated social media to drive traffic and influence to its users’ content. This takes the hassle out of finding readers and provides an interactive and supportive community for writers.
Glipho has an easy to use interface and powerful tools to make blogging more enjoyable and rewarding.
- If you already have a blog which is powered by Blogger, WordPress, or Tumblr, you can import your original blog posts into Glipho and give a new life to your old content. The search ranking of your original blog will not be harmed at all as Glipho’s import function handles the SEO aspect.
- You can write from scratch on the user-friendly Glipho Desk. While writing on the Desk, you can drag and drop images from Picasa, Flickr, or Instagram, or simply upload them to Glipho to add to your draft. You can also drag and drop Youtube videos into your post.
- You can not only follow and be followed by other writers on Glipho, but you can also follow specific topics, creating a feed which is personalised to your interests.
- You can react to posts on Glipho by Liking, Versioning, or commenting on them in the discussions section. The Versions feature enables you to create your own independent gliph as a reaction to another, so that your gliph will appear alongside the original.
- All major social media is integrated with Glipho so that you can easily share your posts and posts that you like across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
The advantages of using Glipho
- Glipho’s social network approach makes it super easy for readers to discover your content. If you have published a post recently, you will appear on the Active Writers bar for the topics you’ve tagged, giving you even more chance to be discovered. If something you’ve written is getting a lot of attention, you might appear as one of our Trending Writers or your post will be a Trending Gliph.
- Glipho handles the SEO for your posts, improving the Google ranking for your Glipho original content.
- The platform is very easy to use and the Glipho Team create tutorials for any new feature on the site. They are also very responsive across Glipho, email, Twitter, and Facebook, should users need to contact them with any problems.
- The platform’s social network features promote interactivity and communication between its writers, so that you get more feedback for your posts.
- Full social media integration takes away the hassle of promoting yourself.
- The Glipho Team themselves actively work to promote the writers on Glipho, through social media, competitions, news outlets, and their regular Meet a Glipher (#meetaglipher) interviews and weekly top 10 gliphs.
- You can become part of a new, active, growing community of passionate and interesting writers.
- Even if you’re not a writer, you can find reading material from any topic and create a feed of your favourite writers and topics to follow.
We truly believe that social blogging is the future of the internet. You can come and check us out at glipho.com and see if you think so too.
Rachel Monte is part of the Social Media Team at glipho.com (twitter: @glipho). She blogs at glipho.com/rachel and tweets at @montemort. In her free time, she reads far too many books and tries to study too many languages.